In one of my previous posts I mentioned that one must not be a scholar or a journalist to publish an eBook. This article is one of the follow up articles on how to publish an ebook…a cook ebook
Let us start from the grassroots:
- There are thousands of recipes with many modifications that are not documented that people can learn and take advantage of.
- There are also some dishes that are passed down many generations that people want to learn about.
- By trial and perfection, you may have discovered a new technique on how to prepare a meal and you want to document or share your discovery.
- There are lots of people – both male and female that may want to learn how to cook a traditional dish for the first time.
This is where you can make a difference . You can be the person to document recipes in electronic format . The solution here is to create a cook ebook that can be downloaded by many people with eReaders, Tablet PCs.
This post is specifically on how to create a cook ebook. At the end of the post you have the opportunity to enter your comments and request for free consultation how to create your own ebook.
Below are six steps in creating your cook ebook.
Cook eBook – 6 Steps to Follow
First Step is to think of recipes – African recipes, European recipes, Caribbean recipes, Indian recipes that are easy to make and delicious to eat. If you come up with 10 or more recipes then that is just enough to create the cook ebook.
Second Step: Create a Microsoft Word document with the recipes you want to write on. If you require help in doing this part, then consider co-authoring with someone that is computer savvy. Ensure that you prepare the recipes as you write them so that you do not miss any instruction behind. Take pictures of the ingredients and the prepared dish which can be used in the cook ebook.
Third Step: From the list of recipes list the recipe titles based on popularity or ease of preparation.
Fourth Step: Choose a captivating title for your cook eBook – examples of captivating titles include
“10 Popular African Dishes made outside Africa”
“How to have an indoor Caribbean Cuisine”
“5 European dishes that will Keep your Man Indoors”
“How to make 10 Top Indian Dishes within 20 minutes”
“Making African Local Dishes using Alternative Ingredients in North America”
I hope these titles will excite you but the intent here is to state that it is possible to come up with a cook ebook easily.
Fifth Step: Get a cover page that is captivating – you may want to engage an artist to help in getting a cover
Sixth Step: Consult an ebook consultant from Apad Canada Inc. or any other ebook publisher on how to get this published online. The costs vary from one publisher to others but if you have the skills, all this can be done using self-publishing tools available. You can also fix the price of the cook ebook which will in turn determine the royalty you will eventually get.
Here are some tips that will be useful in your cook ebook project.
- Take advantage of hyperlinks in your ebook to advertise your services – like your website or other ebooks you may have published
- Arrange with local or foreign food stores like the African food store to put banners, links or even QR codes in your ebook and get a referral fee based on sales. This will become an additional revenue stream apart from your royalties.
- Try to sell your cook ebook for a reasonable price to attract more readers.